Sunday, October 10, 2010

We had painting day a few weekends ago.

 

This is not meant to be great. It just is what it is. Yeah--I'm not sure either. I tried to paint out a Bible verse; but, I do not write well with paint. So, I tried to start over and this stormy mess was the result. I was feeling very melancholy due to the news of someone's death that I did not know but it was still upsetting because this person has left a mark on so many people. His death came very suddenly. I just discovered him on itunes earlier this year. He was basically leading Daily Live Worship (that's the name of his itunes podcast also) of the Lord and people all over the world were downloading his podcast. This ministry has had an amazing effect on me in just a short amount of time. I thank the Lord for this effect. God is good.

The painting itself--I still want to frame it eventually. For me, it has meaning. And, I suppose that is what art is all about. The coloring, I think, with the right color matting will frame nicely in my bedroom.

I'll have to show the kid's art from that day also. The main reason that we were painting that day is that I felt bad for basically vegging out weekend after weekend for a few weeks without really doing anything with the kids. I've just been so tired. Painting with canvas alleviates guilt...didn't you know that? haha

I hope all is well with you.

:)

Edited to add: The coloring of this paiting is much better than my scanner allows. My scanner is crap now. I'll have to take a picture of it with my phone. I think it would possibly come out better. Also, with my scanner, I can also scan a portion of it. The painting is bigger than the scanner. Crap scanner! :)

No comments: