Saturday, June 20, 2009

Major Splurge Splash of 2009

 
I swear if I don't get two to three years of use out of this monstrosity, I will be pissed!

But, I have to completely admit--so far, it's been a great investment.

Investment. Bribe. Guilty pleasure. Whatever.

To see the kids have such a great time has been such a great trade-off so I'm really glad for it. Unfortunately for me though, Faith was right away trying to plan her birthday party. Unfortunately for her, I had to remind her that she wasn't having a party this year.

[You see, I'm trying to start a new trend...I'm trying to cut the damn umbilical cord of every-year-a-birthday-party. It's absurd to me.]

Although putting away all this fun at the end of a day is never fun for me...


It's worth it.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I don't do parties every year either. They can either have a party, get something big for themselves, or go somewhere. (ie. the twins had a build-a-bear party, my 12 year old got contacts instead of a party, and my 9 year old wants to take 2 friends to a movie or the pool...he can't decide yet)

The Mad Hoosier said...

I went for a big playtoy for the kids this year too...a trampoline. I figured we'd get at least 4 years worth of use out of it, so I thought it was perfect.

Unfortunately I live out in the country in Indiana and didn't think to anchor the thing down. Yeah...it went flying and crunched much of the frame...less than a month after we bought it.

I hope you get much, much, much more use out of your splurge than I got out of mine. :)