Friday, November 07, 2008

A Week Off . . .

If I can just get through this weekend. Since I was nuts enough to acquire a little retail job to do when I'm not working 9 to 5. Because of that stupid move, I'm working a few hours both Saturday and Sunday. [stupid girl!!] I'll do anything to dodge actual housework . . . what can I say?

Then, after that, I'm off for the week except for one weeknight and next Saturday. I'm pretty excited. I was even able to broker a deal with my husband. After long negotiations in how he would be benefited by this deal, he has agreed to stay home with me. He weighed the pros and cons (his words, not mine). He can stink like that! So, we will take the kids to school, pick them up, perhaps do a few dishes and meals together . . . you know that I had to sweeten the deal for him!

Actually, my work friends practically shamed me into giving in to his demands.

It's tough for me . . . truly! The people in my life are so cute that no one ever sees my side of the story!! Oh well.

Have a great weekend.

And, see you on the other side.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Enjoy the time off together. Hey, you could even get the Christmas shopping completed early. You know... I'll do THIS for you if YOU go to the mall with me. Hey, it's worth a try, lol.

The Mad Hoosier said...

Enjoy your time off. I wish I could get a week off...but I've tried to save all my vacation time for the holidays. I'm not sure which would be better: a week off to myself, to do what I wish, or a week off with various extended families during the holidays...and all that comes with that. :)