Thursday, November 27, 2008

Because it's Thanksgiving . . .

I also suggest heading over to this site. It's one of my most favorite hobbies, checking to see what's going on over there. You can't go wrong there.

It's the least that I can do while I do everything that I can to take it easy on this very special day.

While most people are cooking up a storm, I only have to remember to buy a roll of cookie dough for my sister-in-law. That's all that she wants me to bring. Really! She's good that way. I don't take offense even though I normally would never buy store-bought dough--I'm actually really cool with it today. It's all part of that plan to take it easy today.

I guess my look of overwhelm when even thinking about hosting a Thanksgiving dinner really saves me. I'm just not ready. Until I can take a leave of absence from work to prepare, I just don't think it's happening too soon. Maybe when Faith can cook a turkey on her own. I'm sure she will have it down in another year or two. haha We'll see . . .

But, as for the day, I'm truly thankful for all that I have. I hope that your Thanksgiving is a blessed time.

So, now, I must go to do the hardest part of my day . . . put my clothes on . . . haha I'm just kidding. I have to get the kids ready too. And, unfortunately, my husband who still seems to be recovering also has some insane plan of taking it easy too. WTH?!?! So, let me get the hard stuff done so I get back to my plan. Yeeeaaah.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

The Mad Hoosier said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Marel...and did as little as possible too. :)