Monday, November 17, 2008

Back. At. Work.

I made it back in today. It was hard. But, I knew that I had to get back into my normal routine.

So, for our week of relaxing, . . . by relaxing, I mean that I finished off a couple of books while sometimes resting my head on my husband's lap. Assuming the couch potato position some of the time. Don't worry--my husband was also relaxing in the couch potato position some of the time too. I have to admit that I completely dodged dishes. I'm a genius like that. Truly.

Oh--I made a couple of meals. And, I think that I assisted with maybe another couple of meals. A c t u a l l y, I made lasagna, arroz con pollo, and other fat-filled carbed dishes for my boy's fifth birthday dinner. What this means is--leftovers for like three days!! Genius, I know. (We even went out to lunch a couple of times.)

It was the most fun picking the kids up everyday. I think that the kids really liked the change too. Daddy and I alternated most days dropping them off to school. Of course, being home also gave me more time with the kids after school . . . this could be a double-edged sword since it also gave us more time to debate, whine, argue, etc. together. Sweet love times--yeah.

My husband ended up pulling a muscle in his back around Thursday . . . what can I say? He has a bad back!

So, he ended up being sluggish around the house for a couple of days. But, he we recovered on Sunday to get laundry, vacuuming, and a little organizing done. We were almost frettish about it to redeem ourselves for our very, relaxing week.

[Okay. I'm not going to lie . . . I don't vacuum. But, it's not my fault. He is just obsessive about it! I can't help this.]

Conclusion: Taking a week off while the kids are in school is highly recommended. No guilt. No regrets. Just enjoying being home together.

Best. Week. Ever!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We would SO make a great team. I vacuum but don't dust.

Vani said...

ohhh, i envy you. :)