Sunday, October 26, 2008

I succumbed . . .

 
For some reason, Faith is always very concerned how our house is not decorated for Halloween. Then, she asks me why I don't like Halloween. Then, I try to explain to her how it's not a real holiday. I try to touch on my beliefs about it without explaining its pagan origins. However, I don't even the use the word "pagan" because I don't want to get into all that with her. I just want her to basically leave me alone about it. Since I don't decorate the outside of the house for any holiday, why would I for Halloween?

But, I was on some crazy mission for pumpkins yesterday. Mainly, because I found out that our sitter/neighbor had given Faith $2 for the school's pumpkin patch. But, Faith only brought one pumpkin home and I certainly didn't want to be owing anyone a pumpkin!

So, while we were out there in the rain's drizzle, we picked out a little pumpkin for our sitter/neighbor. At the same time, I got really adventurous about thinking about carving a pumpkin for the kids. ?!?!!? So, we picked out Mr. Pumpkin above. Belted him into the car. (I think that I was even using a pumpkin voice for him?!?!?! So sorry!) And, gave him a face that evening.

What I can't figure out is why it did not have much insides in order to try and bake something with it. Lots of seeds though.

Bottomline--I impressed the hell out of Faith and Daddy.

They couldn't believe it either!

3 comments:

Vani said...

nice! we didn't get to do the pumpkin carving this year, but next year i want to learn how to make pumpkin bread, pumpkin roll...yumm

battlewounded said...

You're pumpin is definitely something to be proud of!! It's way harder to carve a pumpkin than paint on one, believe me!!

Shannon said...

Pumpkin carving is so messy, isn't it? I think there wasn't much inside because that is not the kind you make pies out of, the lighter ones are. Or maybe because it is near the end of the pumpkin season.