Sunday, August 31, 2008

 
Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.

Whew. Thirty-six pencils. Sharpened.

So glad that just this morning I picked up on the "sharpened" part of the school supplies list.

Also so glad that I'm taking an additional couple of days off this week since this day was basically devoted to sharpening the thirty-six pencils.

In between sharpening these pencils and taking small breaks [due to hand cramping up], I was able to read over the week's mail, think over what pictures I wanted to take of my beautiful bouquet of pencils, think about writing this post, think about inventing a super-fast multiple-sharpening pencil sharpener to kick the ass of my slow-ass pencil sharpener . . . I'm really close to getting the patent on that last idea already. I'm hoping to make millions!! haha

Have a wonderful Labor Day holiday!

And, if you have small children, I would suggest starting now to sharpen your pencils . . . . it's never too early to start because, trust me--it can take all damn day!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey, you know they sell them PRE-sharpened don't you? I have a kick-ass sharpener from Sams, you just stick the pencil in and it is sharp in about three seconds. It was well worth the 12 dollars I spent on it two years ago, lol. Next time, remember, PRE-sharpened, lol.

Marinka said...

That is oddly beautiful. My daughter prefers mechanical pencils, which seem very "artificial flowers" to me, in bouquet world.

battlewounded said...

As soon as I saw that cup full of sharpened pencils I knew you were going to use that Tom Hanks quote. Love it.

Carmen said...

Nothing like a bouquet of sharpened pencils!