Sunday, January 06, 2008

Golden Nuggets Of Parenting

Every once in awhile I stumble upon these Golden Nuggets of Parenting . . . And, I just want to share. I'm generous like that, you know.

So, on Christmas day, while relaxing at the in-laws after dinner and dessert, I hear my sister-in-law puttering around in the kitchen. Cleaning up the mess. While I continue to relax in the downstairs area.

At some point in the cleaning up, Faith passes me by . . . so, I say to Faith, "Ask your titi what you can do to help."

It worked like a charm. Faith sweetly asks, "What can I do to help?"

And, my sister-in-law puts her right to clearing the table. My sister-in-law was so impressed by my little girl . . . all a part of my plan.

I was downstairs, all "YESS!"

Well, let's fast forward to last night . . . Faith gets to sleep over at my good friend's house.

Before I leave her there, I make sure to tell Faith to be a help to my friend, Jane. Afterall, with my little girl there, she now has three kids to watch over. And, one of them is a baby.

According to Jane, after dinner, Faith says, "Like Mommy said . . . is there anything that I can do to help?"

Hey, it may have not been completely heartfelt.

But, at least she sometimes does listen to me.

And, I make out like a bandit! YES!!

All a part of my plan . . .

1 comment:

Flip Flop Momma said...

ha, what do u expect? kids are so darn cute..