Saturday, September 08, 2007

Probably one of the sweetest things ever said to me . . .

As I put my Elijah to bed, I lay down in the bed with him to see how he is doing. Just to have a little night-time talk.

He says, almost in a whisper, "I like your big, beautiful, blue eyes."

I say to him, "Why, thank you, baby. I like yours too."

It's true . . . my eyes are not blue . . . but, by God, I sure should be able to enjoy the compliments that he gets to hear all damn day, I birthed the child!

So, thank you, baby, for passing some of it on to your mother.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Triple love that!!
Bottle up a child's love and spread it around...how can we do it?

Flip Flop Goddess said...

aww, thats so sweet...even if he is color blind;)

The Mommy Years said...

I gave birth to a kidlet who looks JUST like her daddy.

I take credit for every curly haired blue eyed compliment she gets! LOL