Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm in a really strange mood . . .

So strange, in fact, that I've taken some ground beef out to maybe cook spaghetti later.

I boiled some eggs and potatoes. And, made a potato salad.

I fried up my last eggplant from my garden. You know, fried green tomatoes? Well, I have found out the New York way is fried eggplant. That's what the Italians told me.

No, I'm not pregnant. I just feel like cooking a bit.

So, I have this one last cucumber from my garden . . .

I'm looking online for a recipe for the lone cucumber.

This is it below.

Cool Cucumber Salad

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

1 large cucumbers
teaspoon milk subsitute
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon finely chopped red onion (optional)
salt
pepper
sugar

Directions:

Peel cucumbers and slice thin. Layout them out on a cookie sheet and pour salt over the entire batch. Let them sit for 10 minutes. Pour them into a large bowl and squeeze them dry. Remove the liquid. Add vinegar ,milk and onion. Finely add salt, pepper and a pinch of vegan sugar. Chill for 30 minutes. I also like it room temperature.

Enjoy as a light addition to any meal.

Serves: 2

Preparation time: 10 minutes


I could be wrong. But, this recipe is way too complicated for me. It's not like I have an onion to chop up . . . but, I can't see me doing more chopping.

After all, I chopped up the eggplant, didn't I?.

Oh wait. The chopped onion is optional. So, I slice up the cucumbers. And, squeeze them dry? Not liking this part . . . but, I will try it.

Like I said . . . I'm in a really strange mood.

2 comments:

mommyneedsacocktail said...

lol

Ben O. said...

Sounds pretty strange to me.

Ben O.