Thursday, August 02, 2007

As I walked to the store's entrance . . .

There was a small woman also walking to the same door.

My kids and I were reaching the door at about the same time as this woman.

The woman was dressed nicely, a little upper-class looking.

She went to pull the door open for us.

I say, "Oh, thank you."

She quietly says, "It's my pleasure."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In a day when kindness is sometimes scarce. I thought this woman was so nice. My physical eyes thought that she looked a little snooty, dressed so fine. I felt a little shame. I would have definitely done the same thing that she did. But, I didn't expect it of her. That's my shame. Give people a chance to be kind.

The lady herself was definitely a pleasure.

Let my kindness be my pleasure.

1 comment:

jenbeauty said...

You are lucky!! Yesterday evening my experience was not so pleasant. Maybe I will blog about it...not proud of my reaction, but its been one of those kinda summers!

*waves* I have missed reading your posts.