Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Conversation over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches . . .

Me: Do you want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

Elijah: Yes. I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Me: [Moments later] Here is your sandwich. Do you want me to cut it?

Elijah: Yes. I want you to cut it.

Me: [I cut the sandwich in half.]

Elijah: [While smacking the table silly] No! No! Don't cut my sandwich! [While flailing onto the table] I don't want a sandwich!?!?

Me: You told me to cut it.

Elijah: No! No! I don't want a sandwich.

Me: [After making my sandwich] Do you want this sandwich?

Elijah: Yes. [Moving the other plate to the other side of the table] Yes, I want that sandwich.

Me: Man, you're crazy.

Elijah: I'm not crazy!

Me: Yes, you are. You told me to cut the sandwich. You're crazy.

Elijah: I'm not crazy!

Me: [I'm sitting down eating the sandwich that was cut in half. I'm also drinking some milk.]

Elijah: [With peanut butter muffling his words] Sorry about touching your stuff. [He says sweetly, reverting back to something he had done earlier that morning.]

Me: It's ok. Just don't touch my stuff, ok?

Elijah: Are you drinking milk? Do you like your sandwich?

Me: Yes, I'm drinking milk. And, yes, I like my sandwich.

.
.
.
.
.

He can be sweet.

But, officially, he's crazy!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm with you. He's crazy.

Walter said...

My daughter's done that, and the best thing to do is to hurry up and go crazy as well, that way we're all understanding one another.

Bossy♥'s YOU said...

he is crazy alright..haha