Sunday, December 10, 2006

My attitude reeks . . .

I don't like my job at all. I'm trying to repair this attitude of mine. I make people laugh with my jokes about my dislike for work. I just can't wait till the holiday is over then I can move on from here.

Then, running into this . . .

Sagittarius
Be humble and diligent and you'll stay well ahead of the game. Yes, you got here because you worked hard and had the talent to get ahead, but you were also very lucky in a myriad of ways. Count your blessings.

This stops me a bit. I know that I am blessed to be where I am. But, a job is a job. And, I've always believed that I could always move on to another one.

I just can't wait till the next one comes along . . . and, I will try to have a better attitude in the meantime.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Not liking your job is a horrible feeling. Hang in there and keep your eye out for something else.
xo
Cathy

vani said...

you are right, a job is just a job. my feeling is you have to compromise with happiness and life so much as it is, no need to settle for a job that you don't like- good luck! :)

BayouMaMa2 said...

Hey Marel! Don't let a horoscope dictate the direction of your life. Only the Lord knows your future and whatever your situation is right now...it's purposeful. I know it's awful to be stuck in a job you don't enjoy...but start thanking God for where you are and where you're going. A wise friend of mine once told me that complaining keeps you in the same place (like the Israelites who got stuck in the wilderness for 40 years)...but thanking the Lord for all things sets you free.

I know...it's easier said than done...but it can be done. Take care!