Friday, September 08, 2006

Where is the gratefulness already?!?

So, today, I took Faith to meet her teachers for a half hour. Leaving Elijah at the sitters was tough for both Faith and Elijah. I talked to her on the way on how I understand that she is nervous. But, I mentioned all the good things about going to preschool.

We walked in. We were shy.

As we walked into the classroom, Faith immediately warmed up to Mr. Potato Head. She was more interested in him than her new teachers.

Then, she moved onto the kitchen area. There she could pretend to be mommy, answer the phone, run the register, and cook at the same time. I suppose she should learn this somewhere . . . and, preschool is a fine place for it!

So, now it's time to go. We were the last to leave. Faith doesn't want to go. She cries, stomps out, collapses to the hallway floor. Fun times.

As we walk out, she is trying to spit. She is so mad.

She says to me, "I am going to spit in your face."

I remind myself that I can't knock her out . . . people might see.

I am also reminded that being a parent isn't easy.

5 comments:

Bossy♥'s YOU said...

oh no...I have not heard one of my kids ever say they would spit on me..but i can cleary say without a doubt if they do..an ass beating is well in order;)

vani said...

wow, she said that??? i would of knocked her out! lol.....kids, sometimes they are a joy, sometimes you just want to....knock them out! hehe

momyblogR said...

Man, I'm SO with Bossy....My kids would definitely be looking at an ass beating!

And, no.....Parenting is not at ALL easy.

Kristen said...

OMG, that is by far the funniest thing you have ever, EVER said. And you have said a lot of funny things. Now I have to go because I think you made me pee my pants...

Jaime said...

Lol... a preview of coming attractions... ;)