Thursday, May 25, 2006

Of Course, I have Rob's permission to do this . . .

[Big Wink]

But,

This Is How A [Body] Breaks Lyrics
by Rob Thomas and Mary Ellen

Don't you wanna go for a ride
Just keep your hands inside
And make the most out of life
Now don't you take it for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take


This is it now
Everybody get down
This is all I can take
This is how a [body] breaks
You take a hit now you feel it break down
Make you stay wide awake
This is how a [body] breaks

Don't you wanna go for a ride
Down to the other side
Feels so good you could cry
Now won't you do what I told you
I remember when you used to be shy
Yeah, once we were so fine
You and I why you gotta make it so hard on me

And I'm sorry but it's not a mistake
And I'm running but you're getting away

You're not the best thing that I knew
Never was never cared too much
For all this hanging around
It's just the same thing all the time
Never get what I want
Never get too close to the end of the line
You're just the same thing that I knew back before the time
When I was only for you


Of course, anything Rob writes gets me. But, when I was listening to this on the way home last night, I wasn't thinking that my heart was breaking but my body instead. (At this point, I felt the need to blog since I've already been praying.) In fact, breaking down is what my body is doing. Collapse is, for sure, in my future. Or, perhaps, a breakdown is on its way. Mental or physical . . . take your pick.

If anyone is out there listening, thank you.

Take care to all.

We're heading to Florida on Saturday. Lots to do to get there. High on the list . . . drugs. To knock out a couple of kids who are threatening to stomp on my nerves while traveling. I kid. They are very sweet, happy, and occasionally grumpy. [This is my attempt to make up for the drugs portion of things.] Actually, I am a little frightened of the kid named Elijah. We will see. And, I may have Benadryl on hand in case his allergies act up . . . ok, the kid doesn't have allergies that I know of . . . but, you know, one can never tell what may happen while going through airports, planes, and such. Isn't there pollen in the air? I cannot see the future on this one. Just pray, ok? Lord in Heaven, please take care of it all. Because, I just don't know . . .

Have a wonderful week.

6 comments:

Kendra Lynn said...

Have fun...try to relax. I know how you feel about the collapse thing.
I'll say a prayer.

Kendra Lynn

Cathy said...

Have a great time!!!

vani said...

enjoy your trip- hope you get a chance to relax and take a load off. :)

DetoxSmurf said...

Have fun in Florida!

Gangadhar said...

Hava great time,Marel...enjoy da trip..

take care

Bossy♥'s YOU said...

have a good time, make sure you get lots of pics..

i love me some rob too..