Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh! Right. I have a blog.

First time back since the 17th. I deleted the thing [blog]. Then, I reclaimed my link.

Just. can't. give. it. up.

Oh, and a little before the deleting, I went ahead and landed myself into a full-time work position.

I know. What the hell was I thinking?

So, I'm all over the place. Getting up at 6am. [Insert varying curse words here please.] Leaving the kids with my reliable sitter. Spending more evenings at home, sort of, I think.

I think most of the time that I'm doing the right thing. The lazy part of me is cursing me out pretty much all the time. That's the part of me that hasn't seen 6am in 2-1/2 years.

Seeing Elijah and Faith is wonderful. Being with them is great. But, I enjoy the work thing too, once I get there.

I used to say that going back to work was only for me. So, I didn't do it. Because that was selfish.

Now, I know that it's for them and me. I don't know if I will do this forever. We will see. But, I definitely need a break from them full-time, for now. Not forever. Because I want to see them going into their classroom and coming out to see me. Happy to see me.

Today, Daddy shared how he got the best welcome from his little boy. In fact, Daddy re-enacted it for me. It was basically a little parade that Elijah did when he saw his Daddy. A little dance. It was so precious. Daddy said he wished he could have videotaped it to watch it over and over. How sweet is that?

Well, I will get going. And, I will try and catch up with guys. And, if you made it to the end, you are truly amazing. And, I thank you. :)

Take care.

6 comments:

Bossy♥'s YOU said...

ok, wait, you delated it, then you didnt?...man..you need to give me afair warning when you do such foolish things my dear..

I hope your full time job is working out for you;)

vani said...

hi marel- thanks for coming back! hehe...so happy about the job. i'm doing just the opposite now, home with the kids for the first time and man, oh man...i know where you're coming from! it's hard either way, but give yourself that break you deserve. and ps.- coffee in the morning! a good cup that will keep you going till mid-day at least, that's what you need. :)

Marel Lecone said...

Girls, thanks a bunch for the comments. I'm off today so I wanted to check to see what was going on here. I slept a full eight hours and I was able to delay getting out of bed till 8:20. Faith had been bugging me since around 7 something to get out of bed. So, the good thing about work . . . it has cured my insomnia. I'm falling asleep by 10pm.

Taking the good with the not-really-bad-but-you-know-what-I-mean.

Talk to you later.

Fantastagirl said...

Thanks for coming back - you know I would miss seeing your beautiful pictures and not to mention pics of your wonderful kids.

I understand the part about going to work - and needing a break... I am happy you found full-time work! post once in a while so we know you are doing great (cause you will do great)... Hugs, and best wishes!

missbhavens said...

Welcome back, you deleter, you!

Good for you on the job...except the 6AM part...but that will get easier, really it will!

BayouMaMa2 said...

Wow...you deleted your blog...brave woman. I knew it seemed different, that's why I'm in your archives. No I know...it is different. Glad you're back! I keep thinking I want to give it up for a while and then something happens and I'm all pumped about blogging about it. So, I guess I'll have mine for years to come...God willing. ;-)